"So simple, but delicious!"
I was so tired of regular lasagna, so I decided to switch it up.Sometimes, I feel like I eat the same things everyday.
Watch me make this below!
- 2 large chicken breast
- 2 tbsp minced dried onion
- 2 ½ tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ garlic salt
- 12 oz lasagna pasta (al-dente’)
- 1 egg
- 1 can traditional pasta sauce
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- salt/pepper TT
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp seasoning salt
- ¼ c. parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat oven 350 F
- Place cleaned chicken in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the chicken with onions, seasoning salt, garlic salt and 1 1/4 Italian seasoning.
- Cover and bake the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Boil the noodles.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta, parmesan cheese, egg and Italian seasoning.
- Pour tomato sauce in a bowl, add the sugar.
- When the chicken has cooled, shred it.
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Add ½ cup to the bottom of the baking pan.
- Lay one lasagna noodle down, then spread a thin layer of the ricotta mixture. Add the chicken then roll it, be careful of overfilling cause it will ooze out. Repeat until the PAN is filled with lasagna rolls.
- Ladle the rest of the tomato sauce over the rolls.Top with remaining chicken and cheese.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes, then an additional 5 minutes without cover.
- Once the lasagna is done, garnish with parmesan and fresh parsley. Serve!